Friday, October 10, 2008

Just Hacking Around

Buck and I went for a nice little ride yesterday around the area. We ran into a couple of scary, loud dogs but Buck was good, he looked but kept going. Phoenix would have freaked out!

The fall colours are gorgeous, and this is my favorite time to be out riding, its not too hot or too cold, the bugs are pretty much non-existent and the colours are awesome. Buck is great on the roads, he is very secure and not nervous. Cricket is ok but nervous at times. Phoenix freaks out big time and Misty is good.

We had paparazzi following us!

I love this picture. It looks very serene and peaceful.

Phoenix and I went for a short ride in the fields the other day. She will be out of comission in December as she will be in the later stages of her pregnancy. Plus we do not do a whole heck of a lot of riding in the winter anyways, so for trail rides, we need to get em in now! Because next summer she will have her baby....so really after this season she will not be ridden for about a year because by the time her baby is weaned its winter all over again! I really need an indoor arena...!

She is such a funny little mare. I cherish her. She makes me laugh with her antics.

Misty and I went for a very, very, very short bareback ride today. She is getting much better and I am hopeful that in a week or two she will be good to go and well enough to go on some trail rides. She is a lovely girl and is feeling better each day.

No comments: