Tuesday, May 19, 2009

We HAVE A BABY!!!

Phoenix gave birth this morning around 10 am!!! She had a gorgeous Bay and white tobiano filly!! (Girl).


Phoenix was very fussy last night in her stall so I definitely thought she was in labour, but no baby came so we let her outside for some grass and some air and about an hour later she gave birth outside in the front yard!!! The filly and mom and both doing well!

We have not named this little girl yet. She is quite tall and already has to bend down to nurse from mommy. The vet is coming out this eveing to make sure everyone is well and to give some vitamin shots and do blood tests.



Will keep you posted, but just wanted to show some pictures of this lovely little girl! I could not be more pleased with her. I expected (and wanted) and bay and I love the Tobiano pattern so I am very very happy!

2 comments:

Becca's Dirt said...

She is beautiful. Love the coloring on her. Congrats.

Patsy said...

My, she is beautiful. So happy for you that all went so well. We can watch her grow now.