Monday, May 4, 2009

Riding & Training

Buck and I were just playing around and I decided to see if I could get him to walk on the bridge and then stop. It is harder than one might think!! First off some horses are afraid to even approach the bridge. Buck and I did get on e the bridge and stand there, I was proud :)

This was our first attempt...almost on but the back feet are off. A good try though.

Foxy and I went for a ride and had a lot of fun. I have been trying to get out riding at least once per day when the weather is good. Today I had Buck out and we had a great trail ride, he was sweaty when we were done and I hosed him off.

Foxy and I playing in the fields.

The time has come to start training the youngsters. We have begun working them in the round pen. Right now I am just working on getting them to move in the direction I ask them to. They are all doing really well.

Jazz takes his turn in the round pen. He is such a nice fella especially for a stallion. I have seen him messing around with Cricket and Foxy so hopefully he gets them bred this year and we will have 2 little foals next year, the first foals from Jazz.

Tia did well too. She is a little more uncoordinated right now, but she is in a growth spurt and is very gangly. She has very long legs and is going to be tall! Pepsi was in the round pen too but I did not get a picture of her.

2 comments:

Patsy said...

Have missed your post ,looks like the move went good. So glad Ebony is home and with baby. How are all of the mother's to be? The new ranch looks great.
Patsy

Maggie Ann said...

You must have a wonderful life...with the horses and all. I've enjoyed this glimpse into your day.