Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Spring??

Buck! Looking good with his new halter. He is doing well, nervous of the others because he is used to being low man on the totem pole and does not want to cause any rukus.

Blaze is fiesty with Buck, but Blaze thinks he is a little stud muffin protecting his ladies. I saw him trying to mount Cricket the other day....we have a little stallion on our hands.

Just what Buck needs, regular and nutritious food. He certianly was cared for at his old place, don't get me wrong, but I think he was pushed away from the hay a lot by the 25+ broodmares that he was living with.

.

And a nice warm blanket to keep the chill off helps too!

Cricket is very interested in Buck. He tends to shy away, but I was able to catch this brief moment on film before Buck moved off.

Tomorrow and the rest of the week is supposed to be in the + temperature wise so I am eager and anxious to get out doing SOMETHING, ANYTHING, with the horses. I might take Buck and Phoebe (and what the heck, Cricket) for a short ride. Remind everyone what its all about.

No comments: