Monday, March 24, 2008

A Day With the Girls

The weather held out on the weekend and I was able to get a couple days of riding in. I rode both girls and we had a good time. Dad even rode Phoenix twice!!
.
I was plesantly surprised to find that Phoenix neck reins well. I was able to ride her one handed and neck rein her, which is a nice change from the other horses who like to ride in more of an english fashion. I believe that Buck actually neck reins too, I will have to check when he is ready to ride.

Cricket really does make a beautiful western horse!! She is a much different ride than Phoenix, she had more get up and go in her. I think she is also very nervous, in the sense that she is nervous in the front yard. She takes much longer to get used to new situations, I think because of her eye.

.

She did well though and I was pleased. I might get someone to come and work with her a couple times, just to get her back in the groove of riding. We also need to work on her patience...she is donig well though, I can see big improvements in her already!

No comments: