Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Pregnant Ones, an update.

Just thought I would update you on the pregnant mares. Misty, above, is about 5 months along now and you can see her baby belly beginning to grow. She is due the last week in July 2009. She was bred to the handsome paint stallion pictured below. The paint is homozygous, so Misty should have a paint coloured baby. I can't wait!

This is Tex the stallion. As I have mentioned before he is Ace's sire. He is also the sire of Phoenix's foal (pictured below).

Phoenix is getting very large. Excuse the picture, lol, but it really shows how big and wide her belly is getting. She is due in the first week of May. Not too long now. I am super excited about Pheeny's baby. Her foal will also be a paint, and my future trail horse!

Another view of Pheeny's growing belly. She is starting to waddle as she moves and does not really have the energy to race around the fields too much right now. She is on maternity leave, and I no longer ride her, she just gets to relax and grow her baby!

Another shot of the mom-to-be. Just getting some sun. In other news, the calfs are doing well but remain nameless at this point. My uncle needs to pick some fun names for our bovine friends!

1 comment:

Patsy said...

The babys will just be beautiful. Hurry May and get here. They suer look pregnant guess they will get much bigger.