Saturday, January 3, 2009

Cute Calves!

Well Happy New Year! Here out at Acres Of Grace there a 2 new arrivals! Have a look at these little cuties!

We have 4 and 8 week old calves at the farm now! They are so adorable and so soft! The 4 week old is still drinking milk, which he is fed 2x per day. He loves his milk!

I love cows! They are one of my favorite animals, so I love to take pictures and spend time with these fellas.


Here he is trying to nurse on my finger. He is precious.

Hand feeding grain. I have to say cows are really messy eaters....he slobbered all kinds of goop all over my hands!


It is cold out and I am tired of the winter! Hurry up spring! Everyone out here is doing well now. My poor llama Kiwi was ill with pneumonia over the christmas holidays, but we caught it early and he is doing exceptionally well and will make a full recovery. It was a little scary, and man do llamas resent you pouring medication down their throats! Happy to say he is doing well, and not longer hates me for giving him medication :)
.
Pretty slow here right now, with the snow and the cold no one has any energy to do much. The horses pretty much spend their time eating hay. Only Kiwi and Ebony seem to enjoy this weather. Phoenix is 2/3 of her way through her pregnancy and is definitely looking big now. We are all very excited for the arrival of her baby at the beginning of May :)

1 comment:

Patsy said...

They are cute. what are there names? So glad Kiwi is better. I would think Phoenix will be happy to see spring and her baby I bet she will be a good mother.