Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Running Shoes and Pregnancy

Misty ALWAYS comes running when I call her name....I LOVE IT! Plus she is fine alone, does not scream and carry on like some of the others when she is left by herself.....its great :) She is feeling pretty good now....her feet are still a little sore, but she had an abcess about one month ago so that is why. Yesterday I had the farrier put shoes on her and Buck and they are moving so much better its quite amazing....Buck was cantering al around the field when I told him to go and try out his new shoes :)
Here they come!!! Sometimes when I arrive I give them each a little treat and this helps to keep them coming each time I go to the gate, which I love. Makes it much easier to catch a horse if the willingly come to you!
Bucky had shoes put on yesterday. His feet had some brusing on them, poor fella. He has low soles. But the difference was like night and day....he was cantering around the field having a blast while before he really only cantered if the others were.....he is feeling good, between the chiropractor, the joint meds and his shoes he is a very fast boy and just rockets down the trails!
Aw Pheeny! She is 102 days along in her pregnancy now and al is going well. She is beginning to get a bit of a tummy, its dropping a bit lower now....but she is also nourishing her foal from her own reserves now...its really amazing and I can't wait until May!

No comments: