Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Crickels!

I have mentioned before that Cricket is my oldest horse at almost 17 years of age, but no one ever believes me! She has had 11 foals, yet she is in excellent shape and most people think Buck and Misty are older than Cricket.
She loves to run....she has some thoroughbred in her way back so she has the legs to go!
I love watching her move...she is very fluid and when you ride her....its like riding a pillow...she is one of the most comfortable horses I have ever ridden!
She does have some arthritis....but she is 16.5 years old and she had carried 11 foals, so that puts a lot of strain on the old legs. She is on glucosamine, but Buck has been dong phenonmenally well on Corta flex...so when Cricket uses up her Gluc I am going to put her on Corta Flex too.
Here I am!

No comments: