Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Growing and Gaining Experience

ACE MAN! He is getting so big now! He is taller and filled out, such a handsome boy! I cannot wait to ride him! I keep telling him that he is going to be my trail horse ;)
I like to take Ace out sometimes and introduce him to all kinds of new things. I want him to be familiar and comfortable with this stuff when he is a riding horse and the best way is to introduce them when they are little guys. So I take him down the road and cars pass us; we walk through the trails; step over logs and under branches; listen to things rattle and make noise and just experience all kinds of new stuff. Soon I hope to be able to pony him off of one of the big guys which will also be an invaluable training tool. Anything I have in my hand goes on his back and I just around him too.

No comments: