Sunday, December 2, 2007

Winter cometh

Its been pretty busy out here, winter is on the way and there is so much to get ready. The girls have moved back to the llamas farm with Banjo the donkey. It is much easier for me to have all my animals in one place. Then I get to spend more time with all of them. The girls are settling in well I think. Banjo is out with the other donkey and the llamas, as these big girls pictured above are too big and rough for a little donkey weanling. I think Dyna kicked him, he was pretty sore on his back 2 weeks ago. He is much happier with Muffin the donkey.


The snow has arrived, but that does not stop Gracie or Dyna (pictured above) from digging and eating the grass. Dyna has ringworm right now, so we are in full biosecurity mode, I do NOT want the llamas to get ringworm...oh the nightmares of having to catch and treat them each day....**shudder**

Blaze is not at the farm yet, he will not be arriving until spring. Poor guy, he too has ringworm (I think he passed it to Dyna) and thrush and has just generally had a very hard time of things lately. But he is a fighter like his mama Gracie and I am confident he will be joining the girls at the farm in the spring.

No comments: