Monday, October 19, 2009

Farewells.....

Its really hard to let horses go, but sometimes you have to. We changed our breeding program and some of the mares no loger fit what we were looking for. I made sure to find them great homes. We can't keep all the foals either...

Phoenix's foal this year is gorgeous. She is a bay tobiano and is turning into quite the lovely girl. She is the one and only foal out of my girl Pheonix. But I had to let this sweetie go.....however I sold her to my sister, lol, so she actually still lives at the farm ! Its really nice, I dont' have the responsibility for her, but I get to see her all the time!

Foxy was just sold and I miss her. It was a really hard decision, I really like this mare. However she no longer fits into the breeding program so I decided that I needed to sell her. I sold her to a friend of mine, so I will be able to keep her under tabs!


Misty was also let go. She was sold to a lady who wanted a nice quiet horse to ride around and to do pony rides with her children. Misty will be great at that and left for her new home about 1 month ago.
.
Its really hard to let them go, but when you can find them good homes, and homes with people hat you already know it makes a difficult decision just a little bit easier....

1 comment:

Patsy said...

So happy to see you back.
Patsy