Sunday, March 1, 2009

Yep, She's A Mommy

You all know Cricket, she has been on this site a lot. She is my girl, a lovely trail horse and friend. She will be 17 in April (the 15th to be exact) and we are planning on breeding her to our young stud Jazz. This got me thinking about all the other foals Cricket has had (11 in total) and I thought I would introduce you to some of them. She has had 8 fillies (girls) and only 3 colts (boys).

This is Crickets daughter Bella. She looks a lot like Cricket. She will be 4 years old this year and is a really beautiful black mare. All of Crickets babies are very friendly. All of these daughters that I am going to introduce you to are by the same stud that Ace is by and he is the father of the two foals that are due this year, so all these girls are sisters to Ace and the foals coming.

This is Memphis. She is a pretty girl too. You will notice that all of Crickets babies, at least these ones, have a lot of white on them and they all have white legs, tails and manes. Cricket is a homozygous paint (she cannot produce a solid) and she throws a lot of chrome (white) to her foals. Incidently Cricket herself has very little white and a lot of black....

This is Bree. She will be 3 this year and is very sweet. I have met Bree and found her to be very pleasant and gentle. She definitely reminded me of her mom. Bree has one blue eye and one brown one.

This is Gracie. You can see Cricket in the picture with her. Gracie was born in 2007 and is Crickets most recent foal. Gracie by far has the most white on her of all her siblings. She is a sweet little girl too.

This is Gracie last winter, much bigger and older than in the above picture. She is a pretty cute little filly. I like her. She has a cute face.
.
As you can see Cricket has produced some very pretty foals and has always been a good mother. I am hoping that she will get pregnant this year and bless us with one of Jazz's fisrt foals next summer. There are 7 more foals of Crickets but I have not been able to track down any photos of them. I know that she had 10 daughter and 1 son. I know that her son's name is Rocky. In any case, Crickets upcoming 17th birthday just got me thinking about her and her foals so I thought it might be fun to introduce some of them to you. They are sweet (I have met a few of them) just like their mommy. In just about 2 months I will be posting about another new mommy, when Phoenix gets ready to give birth to her first baby who will be a half sibling to all these lovely girls here.

1 comment:

Patsy said...

I think they are all just beautiful.
Patsy